Sunday, August 28, 2011

saddest moment of the week


Gus was tossed by Jake onto the living room couch, his head hit the fabric-covered arm, which did this to his forehead.......


*** Warning -  next photos are a bit graphic ***



Here he sees that we're taking pictures of him & tries to smile for the camera.  My poor, sweet baby!!!

Of course, Brian & I were not home when it happened, & we hurry home thinking it's probably not as bad as the kids had made it sound, since everyone tends to freak out when they see blood.  But it was bad.  Luckily we have a great family friend we could take him to so we weren't sitting in an urgent care all night.  It took  20 stitches! You could see his skull.  Which now he loves to tell people when they ask him what happened,  "My brother threw me on the couch, and you could see my skull!"


He's healing up quite nicely & was able to play on the ipad no problem the next day while he stayed home from school.  But it is no fun holding your baby down while he gets numbed up!  No fun at all!!  And I'm sure he'll have a nice little scar on that precious, beautiful face.  So, definitely the saddest moment of the week.

But another sad moment this week was when I was stuck at home all day without a car (because I let Marlee take mine to school) and then realized that I was out of Diet Coke....and here comes the sad part.....  I was panicked.  I thought I could handle it.  But I couldn't.  I ended up texting my friend, begging her to swing by Sonic and bring me one.  Pathetic, I know!  And sad.  So very sad.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your little boy must be in my daughter Hallie's kindergarten class because she was just telling me about her friend Gus that the same exact thing happened to! I'll have you know she was very concerned for him, especially because he had to miss class!

BTW - I came across your blog through my sister-in-law Shawni!

HollyC said...

Bless his heart...and yours! My son was bitten by a dog in the face last year (on his cheek)and I still cry when I think about how bad it was! He tells everyone that he was in a 'dog fight'. The scars are fading and moving nicely away from the cheek and with his fair skin...(just like Gus')you can barely see them. God is Good!
We'll keep little Gus in our prayers...
Blessings
~Holly

Leigh said...

Susan had him come up to the front of Sharing Time and explain what happened to his head. He did mention being able to see his skull. I love him!

And, now that I am officially kid FREE during school hours, CALL ME!! I can take your pathetic, carless hiney to Sonic anytime, my friend.

(If only Dr. Mason would pony up and buy Marlee a new ride...)

hizles said...

OH MY STARS! Poor little man! I actually cried when I saw the second photo. I hope he is okay, he seems to have bounced right back. Kids are so resilient.

Nichole Barney said...

OUCH! That poor guy!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, this is so sad! Poor Gus!!! I showed my boys because they always are throwing Brock on the couch, bed, etc just playing around. You just never know when this kind of thing can happen! I hope he's back to normal soon!! Give him a hug for me!!

Jill Ison said...

holy hole in the head! poor little dude. new rule: no throwing people into couches.

Shawni said...

That is the saddest thing, and the cutest thing that he is still smiling in one of the pictures, and the grossest thing that you can practically see his skull. Oh my heart aches for him (and you)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...