Monday, August 13, 2012

Hawaii 2011


Last July we took the whole crew to the Big Island for 2 weeks.
This was not leisure travel.  It was adventure travel.  And boy do we have some stories to tell!
It was a-ma-zing.

I'll start off all of these Hawaii posts with a random collection I'll call.......



Things we definitely don't have in Mesa, Arizona:





remote black sand beaches


pineapple plants



active volcanoes



kisses with macadamia nuts



signs like this



and this


world-class snorkeling spots


beach huts


donkey balls



trees that look like this



geckos


goat sales


ancient carved statues


papaya trees


lava fields


rocks that look like toilets


cloud forests


sea turtles


trucks being swallowed on the side of the road


a green sand beach


a tiki hut McDonalds


a cliff-jumping spot named 'The End of the World'


tsunami sirens


knife & sword stands


eels & sea urchins  (that you do not want to step on, as Max sadly found out)


tarzan vines


beautiful light



Huli Sue's banana cream pie (to die for)




killer surf spots



Kona Boys
 
 
roads that look like this
 
 
 
and this
 
 
 
 
ukulele shops
 
 
 
 
macadamia nut farms
 
 
 
 
roadside bananas
 
 
 
 
manta rays at night
 
 
 
and more lava rock than a five-year-old boy can possibly handle.
 
 
And of course there's nothing like this...
 
 
or this
 
 
in Mesa either.
 
Sure wish there was.
 
 










7 comments:

ellen said...

beautiful photos!

valerie said...

We LOVE The Big Island!
Especially with kids.
Great photos.
Your posts always make me smile. :)

Rachelle said...

oh my goodness. now i'm adding this island to my to do list. or you could just adopt me? even though i'm in my 30s. haha. just kidding. awesome pics!

Michelle said...

Wow. I feel like I was there myself! Your pictures are to DIE for!!!

Shawni said...

Oh my word I'm so dying to go hang there like you guys do. What amazing pictures. (as usual :)

Stephanie said...

You're so talented!! These pictures are amazing!! I still have your christmas card up.. I love it!

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El Niño Y Tu Pilin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...