Monday, July 27, 2009

Yay for Girls Camp!!!

.....and Yay for Girls Camp being over & sleeping in my own bed.......and air conditioning.......and shower access.........not that it wasn't totally fun!

Because it was.

I laughed harder than I have in a long time.

And I danced harder than I have in a long time.

And I saw more gigantic bugs than I have in a long time.

And we ran into more skunks than I have in a long time.

And this was the first time I've been at camp with Mars. In fact, it was the first time I've been to Camp LoMia since I was 12 years old!!!

......And I don't believe there has been any improvements to the cabins since then.......nothing........nada. A little too rustic for my taste.

To be honest, I really had to fight the urge to secretly pull out my cell phone that first night & call Brian & beg him to come up & get me & take me home, like a little girl. Pathetic, I know.

But it was good for me. I feel I'm much tougher now. I've grown.

But the truth is......I absolutely love these girls!!!

They are all so talented & clever & sweet & smart & hilarious & seriously super fun!





Brekyn killed me with her bug net she wore the entire first day.......and she'd be constantly spraying bug repellant around her......so funny.



We had a day of awesome classes. The preparation that goes into all of this is amazing. I was so impressed. And I'm also really hoping I never get called to be a Stake Camp leader.





Getting ready for.....
Glamour Night!



Ready for the big dance.
I learned some new hiphop moves & pulled out some of my old 80's moves. Good times.
I'm also lovin' that I was always the one taking pictures so that I'm not in any of these.
Smokin' hot! ...especially the scab on her forehead from running into the side of the swimming pool.










We love our super-cool bishop.


Camp Sunday fashion.

Aaaawww! Our awesome sweltering, bug-infested cabin. I even got a top bunk. So sweet.





Did I already mention how amazing these girls are??? Because they are.
And my fellow leaders....
......we had so much fun.
What a great, spiritually strengthening experience it was. And such great bonding time with these fabulous girls.
I'd do it all over again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...