Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where did my Christmas mojo go?


.......maybe it's hiding in Gus's bellybutton?


.......and speaking of hiding, it's Gus's favorite thing right now.
This is how he hides.
Like an ostrich with its' head in the sand.
Love it!


It may look like Christmas around our house, Clark Griswold (Brian) put tons of lights up in our yard & everything, but I've had a hard time this year really feeling it.
Maybe it's the horrible economy, or the fact that I've taken on too much AGAIN this year & feeling way too stressed, and really wishing we could pack up & hole up in a cabin right now, just our little family............ no concerts, school parties, office parties, huge family parties, neighbor gifts, kindergarten programs, church functions, gingerbread-house-making(that has over-taken my kitchen for 3 days....post on that later), etc., etc.............
And then I feel guilty, because I should be enjoying this stuff, right???
My kids are!
But me.......not so much.
I find myself happily putting a big check-mark next to every holiday thing we've done, saying, "Good! that's over!........Yay! that's done!"
Maybe I just need a Diet Coke.
Maybe after I finish this post I'll feel better & stop whining & focus on how incredibly blessed we all are!
After all, in the words of Sheryl Crow, "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you got!"
Maybe I need to just enjoy the journey!

.........OK.... right after my shopping's done, everything wrapped, Christmas cards out, & gingerbread mess cleaned up.........





It does make me happy just looking at Gus in his Christmas jammies!!!


9 comments:

Jim said...

I got your Christmas card today... darling as usual! We would love to go out sometime! How about an anniversary date? :o)

Michelle said...

Nicole we got your Christmas card today and your family is beautiful. I just love these pictures of your little guy. You are really talented. We need to get together with you! We feel so bad that we missed out a few months ago. I love your blog. Ours is mendenfamily.blogspot.

Leigh said...

I have a bone to pick with you. ALL of my activity days girls were looking at the Christmas cards on my fridge and said they got the Mason's Christmas card already. Where's mine?? I have a "special little spot" picked out on my fridge!

Banks Family said...

Thanks for the cute creative card! Hey if you know anyone who's boys are as crazy as ours over Star Wars and are looking for The Battle of Christophsis (it was a target special) I have one I'm going to return. It was HARD to find and I would rather someone else have it then return it.

P.S. My parents leave to Israel tomorrow for 3 weeks so I'm feeling not so festive this year, their house is Christmas Eve! Brian does all the decorating and Gingerbread houses we have good husbands.

Jacqueline said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! It will be great to keep track of your family. The pictures are just beautiful. Loved the photos of your grandfather and your little one in his Hannah Andersson jammies. So cute! Sending Christmas love to the Masons!

Shawni said...

oh my gosh Nicole that light...where did you capture that? Is that seriously just window light?

And I'm totally bah humbug right now too. I keep thinking i'll get over it but then there's something else that soaks up all the time. Let's get this joyful season over with already. Just joking...I think...

Shawni said...

Oh, and I loved the pictures of your grandpa too.

The Maxsons said...

Nicole, My name is Linsey Maxson. My mom is Darlene Brinkerhoff, so I know you guys from the auction each year. Also, Marlee is in the workshops that I help out with at MCC each summer....I'm here at my moms and am lookin' at your darling Christmas card and checking out your blog... LOVE YOUR BLOG AND YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY! I'd like to find out more about it... do you do this professionally, and what do you charge? Great work!
Linsey

The Crane Family said...

Nicole--We just got your card--The Best As always!! Fun to see what your family is doing. Your pictures are so awesome! I need to learn from you--I keep trying but nothing ever great! Always a party at the Mason's! Keep in touch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...