Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gimpy

No, I'm not talking about me. My toe is healing quite well actually.

Gimpy is what we call our cat. Also known as 'the backwards legs cat'.

The poor thing.


We're all used to seeing her waddle around our backyard.
But when someone is over who hasn't seen her before, they kind of freak out, and it reminds us of how 'special' she is.


She was born like this.
As a kitten she would scooch herself along using her front paws. Her hind legs dragging behind her.  It was the saddest thing!  So she quickly became everyone's favorite.  Especially Gus.  Because Gimpy was the only one he could catch and molest 'play' with.  And Gimpy quietly accepted her fate and became the tamest and sweetest of all those blasted kittens we had a while back.
See this post.
Therefore, she was the only one we kept.


I can't believe I'm doing a whole post on a cat.
But the kids made me do it.

2 comments:

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

Love it.

Nichole Barney said...

That is so cute the poor little cat! You sound like me posting about stray kittens! I actually miss my sweet cat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...